Built-up letters are created using a variety of methods at SignFab in metal or acrylic. Built-up letters are created from a choice of the flat-faced, rim and return rimless, bevelled and prismatic letter styles. SignFab’s built-up letters are available in Premium metal, Standard metal and acrylic options depending on project requirements and are used for shop signs, display signs, wayfinding signs and directional signs.
There is a wide variety of Built Up Letter Styles:
Rim and Return Letters
Rim and return letters get their name from the stroke or rim that meets the face material, which is usually around 20-30mm in width.
Rimless Letters allows the face material, usually and opal acrylic, to sit flush to the return of the letter which gives the impression of a free-floating face.
Bevelled and Prismatic Letters
When built up letters or built up logos are combined with internal illumination and the faces remain opaque a halo illumination effect is produced.
Letters are created in a variety of materials with SignFab’s offering; aluminium built-up letters, stainless steel built-up letters, acrylic built-up letters with a wide range of paint styles including satin, polished and brushed finishes and RAL or Pantone paint processes, all within our in-house paint workshop.
Why not check out our Letters Fact Files below on the details by material type;
- Stainless Steel Letters are available in brushed, polished or painted
- Available in a thickness range of 0.8mm to 5mm
- Available in 304 a 316-grade steel
- Built Up Stainless Steel letters have a minimum stroke width of 16mm
- Acrylic letters can be painted, but only using the Wet Paint technique
- Flat cut acrylic letters are available in a thickness range of 3mm to 30mm, and in build up from 20mm to 120mm
- Flat cut acrylic letters have a minimum stroke width of 2mm
- Aluminium letters can be painted RAL or Pantone in our in-house paint workshop
- Aluminium letters are available in brushed options
- Flat cut Aluminium letters are available in a thickness range of 1mm to 10mm.